Monday 6 March 2017

Going in circles

When I walk, I like to do a circuit. I don't like to go so far then turn back. I have been known to walk miles further than intended to find a river crossing, so I didn't have to turn back. I like to go in circles. 

I sent someone a gift recently, a thank you for help and advice given freely and generously through cyberspace about a new (to me) technique. A woman I have never met. And today she sent a gift back. They say what goes around, comes around. Perhaps more appropriate, you reap what you sew (sic). Gifts going in circles? The best kind...

And when I stitch, I like to make circles. My free machine quilting often features bubbles (pimples?)...

That's How the Light Gets In



now my hand stitching is infected with circles (spots?).

How many different ways can I make a circle with stitch and cloth?


Do you like to go in circles? Even if it makes you dizzy sometimes? k3n x

2 comments:

  1. These pieces are gorgeous! I love your work. I love circles---I love how everything seems to spiral around and around. Cyberspace friendships are so important to me. I am glad you decided to revive your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, there is something comforting about the infinity of a circle. It is the most perfect of shapes. xx

      Delete