Saturday 17 October 2015

Cosmic Jigsaw Quilts at Midsomer Quilting

I had a fantastic workshop today at Midsomer Quilting teaching part two of my new Cosmic Jigsaw Quilts workshop which is based on my Evolution series currently being exhibited at the Arts Centre in Ilminster (until 31st October). In part one a month ago, students created their design from an inspiration photo then drafted templates and foundation blocks and began work with all sorts of fabric collage and stitching techniques. Some suggested by me and some their own ideas. They continued to work on their pieces at home and today finished embellishments and joined their pieces together and mounted them on artists canvases. Here are some photos of their work, the colours haven't come out very vividly but I hope you will agree that their work is fabulous. Many of them were fairly new to art quilting and agreed that this technique gave them a structure which formed a good basis to get creative. I will be teaching the two part workshop again at Midsomer Quilting in January and February and at Barrington Patchwork in February and March. Alternatively, if you are a member of a quilt group, you can book me to come along to your own venue to teach this. Please contact me for further details.










No comments:

Post a Comment