Tuesday 11 December 2012

"Long Ponds"

Latest finish - inspired by where I walk my dogs in summer - not autumn and winter as this is shoot land and the pheasants are out! Wouldn't be popular with the gamekeeper if we went at this time of year.

I took lots of photos on several occasions and when I looked back at them, the landscape was all about line - tree trunks, reflections on the water, shadows, the long ponds themselves. The top panel is foundation pieced and grid stitched with a bit of markal stick for effect. The bottom panel is hand dyed fabric, appliqued grasses and freehand machine quilted. The beads joining the two are strung between some suede ribbon that I bought at the Festival of Quilts this year. Each panel is 18" square.

"Long Ponds"


Close up top panel
Close up bottom panel



No comments:

Post a Comment