Friday 25 November 2011

Fruit Challenge at Midsomer Quilting

Hello everyone. I haven't posted for a few days for which I am very sorry! In my defence, in between workshops and talks this week, I have of course been busy with Sirius the new puppy. He is doing very well - in a week he has learned to 'sit', 'heel' and walk on the lead. I fear he is more intelligent than I am - perhaps I'll teach him to type then he can blog for himself!

I had a very enjoyable afternoon on Tuesday with the Quirky Quilters so thank you to them for having me! Also my two Christmas workshops this week were great fun, despite the sewing machine gremlins striking nearly everyone during the Tuesday evening session - but it's good practice for me to find my way around different models of machines. But why oh why can't manuacturers standardise where they put the presser foot lever? It' s very embarassing groping around the back of a strange machine only to find that some bright design spark has decided that on this model, they'll put the lever to one side! Aaaargh!

I am delighted to have been asked to teach a couple of workshops in the New Year at the wonderful Midsomer Quilting at Chilcompton near Bath. I love going there, it is such a treat and the coffee is always on! If any of you live or are in the area I would strongly recommend a visit. I also made a little wall hanging for the Fruit Challenge they are hosting to raise funds for CLIC Sargent - a very worthwhile cause supporting the families of young people with cancer. I heard from Midsomer this morning that entries have been numerous and of a very high standard, and from such noteworthy quilters as Alicia Merrett, Dawn Cameron-Dick and Lynne Quinn. Many of the entries will be offered for sale by secret auction with proceeds going to CLIC Sargent. If you can. please do visit the exhibition at the shop and support this wonderful cause. It runs from Thursday 1st until Tuesday 6th December from 10.30am until 4pm and admission is free. Details of how to find the shop are available on their website http://www.midsomerq.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment